announcement

SORRY! I HAVE SHIFTED TO A NEW PAGE. PLEASE VIEW LINK BELOW. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE CONTINUE FOLLOWING MY BLOG :D

http://erfolgreichefrau.blogspot.com/

Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2010

In between topics

Blogged on 25th December 2010 ::

Since it's the holiday season, a lot of the series' themes were very Christmas-y. In addition, it's been snowing the whole day yesterday and today when we woke up, it was seputih - putihnya. Guess the Germans' got their White Christmas.

Meanwhile, me and my husband spent the day just chilling at home. We got back almost at 1:30 am last night. We were invited for a 4-Course Christmas dinner at our houseowner's place (we live 2 stairs up from them). It was the first time I ate daging Rusa. It tasted not bad I guess. It was us, Kak Anis and Joe, and his mom (Oma, she is 89) and their friend Eric. After dinner, we had a little karaoke session and I scored the highest (97% btw) hehehe. My husband suddenly asked me if I wanted a karaoke set after he saw me meng-kongker microphone. heheheh.. We shall see :)

Yeah, karaoke is one way of boosting your self esteem. Which I need very much right now. Perhaps it's the winter talking or the holiday season thingy. Im not sure. I also played the piano a little. I played Beethoven"s piece Für Elise which I learned by hard (ke heart?) since I was 9 years old. Then I played a the shorter version of The Entertainer who left Joe whistling the song over and over again hehehe. I learned that the piano that I was playing survived the World War 2. It was Oma's piano and now Carie's. It's been around since 1935. It's older than my dad. And it's still in superb condition (German made :p ). Oma was telling about her life and how it was during the world war. Mannheim was one of the cities that got bombed. What's cool about old German people is that they have stories to tell about the war. And what better way to learn my German than talking to an old lady who speaks slowly but perfect German grammar. I understood her stories, or at least 70% of it. Oma wears a necklace that was given by her 1st husband. They got married when they were 19. Two weeks after the wedding, he had to go to war. He died in the war. She was devastated. She loved her first husband dearly and speaks fondly of him. Sedihnya. Macam dalam movie.

This morning I thought about Oma's love story. I was in for a love movie kinda mood. So I watched 'The Lakehouse' today. My husband (who never watches a movie twice) sat and watched it (again) with me. The story is a fiction. And there were several questions that was playing in my head while I was watching it. After the movie, me n my husband discussed about it and came to a conclusion that we both agreed (although it would never happen in real life). It was a nice show. What I like about it is that the thought about that guy... (opps.. don't wanna spoil the movie - if you haven't watched it). I would give it 8 out of 10 for The Lakehouse. 1 point was because Keanu Reaves heheheh.


Blogged on 27th December 2010 ::

After watching Jason Segel (the guy in How I met your mother) on Conan, we decided to check out Forgetting Sarah Marshall. He did mention that there are several scenes that he showed his you-know-what secara terang dan jelas. I almost puked when I saw 'it'. Selamba jer dia. My husband said, "It's his job what.. He's an actor" Hahaha.. sabar je la. But the movie was okla.. Funny. I recommend you to watch it when you are feeling macam nak tengok lawak2 bodoh. Nothing to wow about but just ok for me. I would give this movie a half half 5 out of 10.


Since I was in a movie marathon mood, I finally decided to watch the much talked about movie. Eat, Pray, Love. I would say that I was quite disappointed with that movie. Nothing much to wow about. I even fell asleep during that movie. Till now I don't think I wanna continue watching it. It's not so bad but it's not that good either. The movie is highly overrated just because Julia Roberts was starring in it. I would rate this halfly watched movie a 3.5 out of 10 for Eat, Pray, Love. Sorry.


After much disppointment, I switched my mood to a girly-girly movie kinda. I decided to catch up on The Sisterhood of the travelling pants. The only reason I wanted to watch this movie was because of Alexis Bledel and Blake Lively (she spells out Tall, Rich, Beautiful and Style). Terpengaruh dengan Gossip Girl. Maybe it's the effect of the Eat, Pray, Love movie, or maybe because I will be 30 next year, but this movie was not for me kot. It's loud (as in girls asik2 cakap which is memeningkan - Imagine Gilmore Girls darab 2), and tambah lagi pening because there are four main characters and they keep on switching scenes between all four of them. The minute you start to focus on one character, they change to another character. (a good observation. Mental Note : not to do that if I decide to direct a movie or write a novel :p ) Rating, 4 out of 10. 1 point is because I like the concept of the travelling jeans.. And only that..


Tonight my husband and I are gonna watch Reign over me starring Adam Sandler. So I hope I am able to give some reviews :)


2 Kommentare:

dyanna hat gesagt…

ko bagi 4 je utk The Sisterhood of the travelling pants?
that's like my favorite movie. !

well... maybe i'll give it a 4 as well if i watched it again now. heheh..
i watched it like 6 yrs ago, when i was still a 'teenager'. which pretty much in sync with the movie's mood. but my fav character was the Ugly Betty girl.

lucky hat gesagt…

aku sedih tgk character ugly betty tu.. kesian sgt kat dia sbb excited nk spend time dgn father dia n ended up bapak dia nak kawin lain..

i gave it a 4 maybe because mood factor kot.. hehehe maybe if i watched it 6 years ago (teenager) hehehe, it would be one of my fave as well.. hehehe