I was about 10 years old, every Saturday night we would go to Arwah Opah's house in Subang Jaya for dinner. My sister and I would beg our parents to drop us off in Subang Parade instead or going to Opah's. We knew the answer would be no but never gave up asking. On the way backhome, I would look out the window from our car and stare at the full moon with full of awe. That was the point when I ambitioned to become a scientist. Puberty then hit me. All the teenage rebel and anger made me learn more about the environment and saving the earth. I changed my ambition to becoming an environmentalist. I did my part, I was very close friends with the President of the Kelab Pecinta Alam. On Friday nights, we would have this star-gazing activity in school. We had really cool equipments and got to play with the Telescope. I saw the surface of the moon, planet Jupiter, Saturn and it's ring and 5 of its moon orbiting and that was an amazing experience. I developed a passion towards Astronomy. I did a lot of reading about the subject. And somewhere along the way, from astronomical reading, I learned to express things through writing. I had alot of ideas for poems, novels and songs. I learned how to compose music from my piano lessons. Then I switched to the arts world. I was dead serious about it. I wrote drama scripts and directed teather. However, things change. I ended up working for a bank and later became a Statistics lecturer. Now a housewife struggling with Deutsch.
Throughout all these years, I have stared at the moon from I was a little girl and now a woman. There has been myriad changes throughout my life, but the moon stays the same. It amazes me how crazy we are here coping with change and the moon calms us down. How ironic it is for me to say that it makes you feel down to earth a little. What blows my mind is that from whichever part of the world we are, we share the same moon. Perhaps at that particular time that I am staring at the moon, you are staring at it too. Sometimes these taughts come to my mind. I am reminded of a conversation that took place when I was in my early 20s. It was during Friday prayers and my friend had said this, 'You know, maybe our jodoh tengah sembahyang jumaat at this very minute'. And I said, 'Hmm.. tak semestinya.. Kalau dia kat overseas ke sekarang?' At that moment, I had no idea why I said that. But I remember it vividly. I thought about this conversation an hour before my akad. It freaked me out a little.
We all share the same moon, the same sun. From wherever we are. It's not just facebook that keeps us connected. It's the universe.
2 Kommentare:
best entry ever :D
like!
Kommentar veröffentlichen