announcement

SORRY! I HAVE SHIFTED TO A NEW PAGE. PLEASE VIEW LINK BELOW. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE CONTINUE FOLLOWING MY BLOG :D

http://erfolgreichefrau.blogspot.com/

Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2010

Where I live.. now

I have been wanting to blog about this topic for months now.. Only today, I decided to write about it.

As many of you know (tak ramai pun), I am currently residing in Mannheim. This city is known for its structure being Quadratic. Berpetak petak (picture taken from http://www.uni-mannheim.de). What's cool about it is that it has no street name. Only Letters and Numbers. Like in New York (or maybe in Mannhattan if I am not mistaken). And they have about 11 S-Bahn (trems) running around the city which you can hop in and out from one place to another. The city is very properly planned in such a way that you won't get stressed from the jam during rush hour. Your main concern would be, will I miss the SBahn or not?

Personally, I like taking the bus if going back home. But if in the city, SBahn is the main transportation. You can live without a car here in Mannheim. Except if you wanna purchase a furniture or something big for your house, that can be a problem. But how often do you shop big² items ? Jarang - jarang..

So the bandar Mannheim starts from the Hauptbahnhof (Main train station). And after months of observing, I can personally conclude that the bandar is something like Jalan Sultan Ismail. See, for me, Mannheim is divided into two big sections. Satu the posh area. They have shops like Zara, S. Oliver, Engelhorn, Appelrath cüpper, New Yorker (actually ni kedai mcm affordable), H & M (i love!), Buffalo (kedai kasut yg mahal), Saturn (kedai electric electronic and almost anything can be found here), Starbucks, Grimminger along the way. So you feel like walking through Bintang Walk only no mat rempits around.. The second area would be 'the other' area. Area² Marktplatz and Abendakademie. Sini you would feel macam area Sg.Wang and kedai² murah yg ada kat Times Square.. And of course, the Turkish shop. You can get really cheap stuff here and bende kecik² (which is really distracting). Here you can also see the diversed population. Ramai orang pakai tudung here, turkish, iranian, and from countries I havent even heard of. At the end of the street is where my school is. Abendakademie. Macam² orang with macam² dresscode. Before I enrolled in the Deutschkurz, I used to think that it's like a freakschool. Cause the school has soo many diversed people, it's amazing. And everyone speaks Deutsch! So I guess now, I am just like one of those freaks :p

So here I am.. A foreigner in a foreign land, surviving. For my 5th month here, I am posting a video of Mannheim. It was featured on Majalah 3 on my wedding day. The house they shot is now our home.. But we live upstairs. Enjoy and hope you can get a feel of Mannheim :)



Viel spaß!

3 Kommentare:

dyanna hat gesagt…

would like to visit one day. and do some calculations to prove the 'quadratic-ness' of the city ;)

shazzain hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
shazzain hat gesagt…

Me too...I'm soo gonna visit this place while you are there :)