announcement

SORRY! I HAVE SHIFTED TO A NEW PAGE. PLEASE VIEW LINK BELOW. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. PLEASE CONTINUE FOLLOWING MY BLOG :D

http://erfolgreichefrau.blogspot.com/

Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2010

facebook.com Part 2 : An epiphany

I drafted a post 2 days ago and almost hit publish post but had to do something and totally forgot about it and left the page idle. And now, it's gone. Sigh. Well, maybe it wasn't meant to be. Although it was how I felt at that moment, now that the feeling is gone, it doesn't matter anymore.

Have you ever felt like your life is like a stage being watched by everyone through facebook ? I had that feeling a few weeks or perhaps months ago (and had blogged about it too). But it's truly by choice I guess. And I had chosen to tone it down a bit. But of course, I still have the urge of waking up every morning and checking out any red blocks by the left pane showing the number of notifications. Crazy ? Perhaps. I bet it's not just me though. Once you hit HOME to the News Feed, you keep on scrolling down and read other people's status updates and sometimes rolling your eyes to how ridiculous it may sound to you. Up to one point, you can summarize the types of people in facebook. The farmers, the LOLers, the likers, the taggers, the marketers, the photofreaks, the peace-HARDCORE (people who will pose with a peace sign on all 200 photos in one album), the babytalker (who does the talking for their babies), the traffic updater, the weather forecaster, the ManU fans, the attention seeker (status update : XXXXXX is smiling from ear to ear. Finally it's really happening!!! Comments : what's up ? Replies : hehehe ooo nothing.. its just such a nice day today.. finally its gonna rain) Me : GAGING (LAME! Obviously you want SOMEONE to notice something BIG is about to happen in your life and want other people to wonder about it), the sharing their marriage problem / life with everyone else when their in the same house at the same time (syg nak makan apa harini? telur dah habis la.. nanti ayang gi beli okay.. hihihi) OMG! someone kill me already!, the liking their own status update, and I can go on and on about this.. But really, why is facebook so addictive? Wanna know their secret?

It's the name. FACEBOOK. you have your book on your face all the time. It's a book that is stuck to your face. And you'd wanna read it all the time. and want it to look good all the time just as you would want to make your face look good all the time.. so people can read. People can see how cool you are, where you hang out and what kind of lifestyle you have, people can easily conclude what kind of person you are. Well you cant blame them for doing so, since you had that image portrayed to the WORLD WIDE WEB.. and people do judge a Book by its cover.. that's why there is a saying not to because people simply do.. It's all through the WORLD WIDE WEB. It's a web but world wide. See how big the web is? We are all caught up in this big web we think of as world wide. And facebook has hit on almost every TV series; SouthPark, numb3rs, House, CSI, etc. It's now the in thing, the lifestyle of normal people to feel glamourous or popular. Engineers have invented softwares to accomodate this feature into mobile phones so that you can update your status or upload your pictures from anywhere possible. Even if you're in Iceland, you can be the first person to SHARE to the WORLD WIDE WEB after a volcano errupts. Of course there are pros and cons about this. I have seen and heard, friendship torn apart, girlfriends - boyfriends break up, marriages became shakey, people become flamboyant, people become envious, have evil eyes lurking around, people filled hatred, denial and everything else.. only through facebook. It is not only a social network that connects people, it's a phenomena. 

facebook.com. I have done a simple research on this. It's all in the name. Let's look at STARBUCKS. See how well their business is. Because they have money as much as the stars in the skies. And we all don't know how much is that but I am certain that it's a lot.. And who doesn't like stars? That's why they are making bigbucks. GIANT. See how big their business have grown? They built a BIG GIANT from KJ and another one in Gombak, that's like one end of a highway from my house to the other end highways to my husband's house. PAPPARICH, I bet the owner is getting richer everyday since they have a lot of branches around KL and PJ area I've seen lately. And many more.

So after blogging about facebook.com (AGAIN), then it hit me. I need a name to start my business. And I need a business to start. I need an epiphany, a revelation.

2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

i know what you mean... i cant live without my mafia wars on facebook... i suppose it is time to grow up and be 40 year old lady as i should be...

keep writting ya...will visit you here always

lucky hat gesagt…

hehehehe.. i pun dok stuck kat fb :p
ur 40 already???? get out of here!!! heheheeheh forever young :)